REGIONAL TRAINING CENTERS
Starting October 2002, the National Training Fund (NTF) began conducting Train-the-Trainer classes at three regional training centers (RTC) located in Springfield, New Jersey, St. Louis and Oakland, California. To better serve the ironworker membership the NTF recently moved the east coast RTC from New Jersey to Washington, D.C.
To register for classes at the regional training centers, please follow the steps below:
1. The RTC registration process has changed and as of June 30, 2020, all RTC registrations must be made using the Google forms link provided to all coordinators via listserv.
2. Coordinators must fill out a separate registration for each student attending. The registration link can be accessed via local apprenticeship coordinator.
3. Registrations must be submitted using the link four weeks prior to the first day of class. There will be absolutely no exceptions to this requirement.
4. Classes may be canceled if there are not enough participants. Dates of classes are subject to change at the discretion of the NTF office.
• AWS/CWI Prep Monday, January 11 (30 days)
• OSHA 511 (videoconferencing) Tuesday, January 19- Friday 22
• OSHA 510 (videoconferencing) Tuesday, February 23-Friday 26
• AWS/CWI Prep Monday, March 15 (30 days)
• OSHA 510 Tuesday, March 8- Friday 12
• High Angle Rescue TTT Tuesday, March 16-Thursday 18
• Scaffold TTT Tuesday, April 13-Thursday 15
• OSHA 500 Monday, April 26-Friday 30
• Lead/Silica TTT Tuesday, May 18-Thursday 20
• Advanced Layout Instrument Monday, June 7-Friday 12
• OSHA 510 Tuesday, November 1-Friday 5
• IW Cert Rigg & Signal Proctor Monday, November 8-Friday 12
• OSHA 500 Monday, December 6-Friday 10
• Advanced Layout Instrument Monday, March 1-Friday 5
• OSHA 500 Monday, March 22-Friday 26
• IW Cert Rigg & Signal Proctor Monday, May 3- Friday 7
• Haz Waste Worker (40 hour) Monday, June 7-Friday 11
• IW Rigg & Signal Proctor Monday, Sept. 13-Friday, Sept. 17
• Haz Waste TTT Monday, September 13-Friday 17
• OSHA 510 Tuesday, September 21-Friday 24
• High Angle Rescue TTT Tuesday, September 28-Thursday 30
• EM 385 Fall Protection TTT Monday, October 11-Friday 15
• OSHA 500 Monday, October 25-Friday 29
• Confined Space TTT Monday, December 13-Friday 17
St. Louis, MO
• OSHA 501 (General Industry) Monday, March 1-Friday 5
• EPRI Proctor Monday, April 19-Friday 23
• OSHA 510 Tuesday, May 11-Friday 14
• IW Cert Rigg & Signal Proctor Monday, May 24-Friday 28
• OSHA 500 Monday, June 14-Friday 18
• EM 385 Fall Protection TTT Monday, June 21-Friday 25
• High Angle Rescue TTT Tuesday, June 29-Thursday, July 1
• Advanced Layout Instrument Monday, September 27-Friday, Oct. 1
• OSHA 510 Tuesday, October 5-Friday 8
• EPRI Monday, October 18-Friday 22
• OSHA 500 Monday, November 15-Friday 19
Students must attend videoconference courses using Zoom. They will need the following:
• A laptop or desktop computer (preferred) that has keyboard, video camera and microphone capabilities (a tablet may be used but not recommended). Smartphones are not acceptable.
• Internet connection: broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE not recommended).
• 2-way audio: speakers and a microphone: built-in or USB plug-in or wireless (note: students can use the microphone and speakers built into a laptop or desktop computer. Headphones and/or earphones with a microphone are recommended.)
• 2-way video: built in or USB plug-in video web camera (note: students can use the video camera internal to their device or use external device).
• PDF viewer on their device.
• An additional device with video capabilities is required for courses with test requirements (OSHA 510, OSHA 511, OSHA 5410, OSHA 500, OSHA 501, OSHA 5400).
Ph: (202) 383-4862